Pesto Fried Chicken



1 cup milk
½ cup pesto
3 ½ pounds chicken pieces
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Vegetable oil

Mix milk and pesto. 

I dare you to drink it.

Add chicken pieces and soak 30 minutes. 

Now I REALLY dare you to drink it.

Dredge the chicken in flour mixed with paprika, salt, and pepper.

I tried to make sure some of the pesto was still clinging to each chicken piece. It's silly to let it go to waste. 

Dredge-hands.

 Fry in 350F oil, 12 to 15 minutes.

Gotta keep an eye on it - otherwise it'll cook unevenly.

Case in point: The ones in the middle got extra-crispy. Fortunately, that's how The Dude likes 'em.

Served on a plate that has a rooster drawing in the middle. (Not out of irony, but because it was clean.)


My Rating: 4/5 "The chicken stayed moist, and the pesto blended with the spicy breading much more seamlessly than I expected it to. A unique flavor."

Comments