Lemon Alfredo


Food Network Magazine – The Italian Edition, p. 89

1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/3 cup grated pecorino
Salt
Pepper
12 ounces fettuccine, cooked


Cute little shallot.

Another appearance by my IKEA grater!

Yay lemon zest!


Cook shallot in a skillet with butter over medium heat until golden, 3 minutes. 

There's not much to a shallot. 


Whisk heavy cream, egg yolk and lemon zest in a bowl.

Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop.


Reduce heat and whisk into the skillet along with the grated pecorino. 

Cheese!


Whisk until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Season with salt and plenty of pepper. 

Melty cheese!


Toss with fettuccine and some pasta-cooking water. Top with more pecorino.


It's so pretty.

Shame it doesn't taste very good.


My Rating: 2/5 "I was really, really disappointed this. I love lemon and I love alfredo, so I had high hopes for this sauce. When you make it, though, it's just really, really bland. They tell you to put lots of pepper on it because that's the only flavor you're going to get from all this work. Swing and a miss, Food Network."

Comments