Stir-fried Broccoli with Oyster Sauce



6 cups of 1 inch pieces of Chinese broccoli
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce

I know not the nationality of my broccoli. But I'm guessing it's probably Amurrican.


The garlic, too. Surely there's a more PC term for it, though. "Western garlic," maybe. 


Blanch the Chinese broccoli in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, then drain thoroughly.

I usually mostly leave salt out of things unless it's going to really change the flavor. 


Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the garlic over medium heat until light brown.

Add the Chinese broccoli and half of the oyster sauce, and the light soy sauce. 

Drip, drip, drop.


Stir-fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the stems are just tender. Drizzle with the remaining oyster sauce.

Careful not to let them get mushy. There's nothing worse than a mushy vegetable, in my humble opinion.

Done! And served with Sauteed Pasta with Tomatoes and Garlic (Fideo)


My Rating: 5/5 "YUM. Oyster sauce is always a win."

Comments