Chicken Marinara


Albertsons It’s a Spring Thing, p. 14

1 ¼ cups frozen grilled chicken strips
1 cup pasta sauce, prepared; chunky style
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
2 cups spaghetti, cooked
½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Shout-out to my friend Mike, who taught me how to make spaghetti when I had just moved into my first apartment in Dillon and was burning almost everything I tried to cook. 

Now look at me go!

Combine chicken strips, pasta sauce and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat.

You know what's a lot better and cheaper than frozen chicken strips?

Grilling up a real chicken breast!

See, it's the same thing - only tastier.


I cheated and used the minced garlic from a jar. *Is duly ashamed*


Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Closer to five, in this case, since the chicken isn't frozen.


Serve chicken and sauce over hot pasta; top with cheese. Refrigerate leftovers. 

And... nom!

My Rating: 3/5 "The chicken comes out quite nicely. I'd have preferred more garlic, but then I'm kind of a garlic fiend. I put some ricotta cheese on the leftovers, which was nice." 

Comments