Soft Tacos



1 lb. ground beef
2 cups chopped onion
2/3 cup taco sauce
½ cup water
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 ½ tsp garlic salt
10 flour tortillas
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Refried beans

I've always secretly wished that "shredding" lettuce meant going to town with your hands, with lettuce shrapnel flying everywhere. But this works too. 


In a large skillet, brown meat with onion until onion is tender; drain fat. 

Not brown...

...brown!


Stir in next four ingredients. 

Mix more than this. (Do what I say, not what I photograph.)


Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Mix should be moist but not soupy. 

Somehow I envisioned this being less moist. But oh, well.


Spoon ¼ cup filling into each taco shell. 

Or really however much you want. I won't judge you.


Top with lettuce, cheese and mild taco sauce. 

More taco sauce? 

MOAR TACO SAUCE.

Serve with warmed refried beans. 

Oh, yeah. At some point you were supposed to warm the refried beans. 

A yummy step up on Taco Bell!

My rating: 4/5 "The filling ends up being a little soupy, but you can use a slotted spoon and deal with that easily. A nice basic meal with great flavor." 

Comments