Spiced Hot Dogs



1 lb. hot dogs, cut into pieces
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. vinegar
½ cup ketchup
2 tsp. prepared mustard
½ cup water
½ cup chopped onions

Before you go preaching about all the nasty bits of meat that wind up in hot dogs: I know, and I don't care.


Place hot dogs in slow cooker.

"Place" seems very tentative, like saying "perch" the hot dogs. 


Combine all ingredients except hot dogs in saucepan. 

LSU food.

Geaux Tigers!


Simmer. Pour over hot dogs.

I'm not sure what to call this. It's not soup or stew, but at the same time... it's squishy.


Cover. Cook on low 2 hours.

See?

What IS it?

My Rating: 3/5 "I suspect that whoever submitted this recipe to the cookbook made it up themselves, and was very proud of having done so. The sauce has kind of a weird, sweet aftertaste. All in all, it's very filling and pretty cheaps."

Comments