Green Chile Brownies



“Mix two or three cans of diced green chiles into your next batch of brownies. When I tested this (oh boy, am I going to be in trouble with you now) I used a boxed brownie mix. The results were just smashing. Start with 2 cans of chiles for a batch and then move it up to 3 if you wish.” 

So basically you start off making a brownie mix. (Don't forget to buy the other stuff the mix calls for, like oil or eggs.)

The only difference is that you dump in some diced green chiles. I went with two cans and that seemed like enough, but I'm sure that's a matter of taste. 

Then you continue baking like normal.

They even look like regular brownies.

So much so that I'll leave it up to you whether you tell people about the twist before they try one...

My Rating: 4/5 "It seems weird, and it kind of is weird, but the chocolate and the pepper actually blend nicely with each maintaining just enough of its own flavor to stand alone. It's a remarkable combination that people will really remember. I took these to a Super Bowl shindig and people ate over half of the tray, which is more than I was expecting for something so unusual."

Comments