Creole Tuna



¼ cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup milk
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
Hot cooked rice, optional

Green pepper loves you!


In a large saucepan, sauté green pepper in butter until tender. 

...and yet we're so mean to it.


Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. 

Breaded green peppers for now, awesome base for sauce later. 


Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.

See? It makes the tomatoes nice and robust. 


Add tuna and Creole seasoning; heat through. 

Immediately, the room smells awesome. 


Serve with rice if desired. 

I desired, so I served it over rice with some spiked Strawberry Spritzer.

My Rating: 4/5 "I've made this numerous times, and each time it's been tasty and cheap and filling. I'm not wild about Creole seasoning, which is odd considering that I live in Louisiana, but here it's just a nice, savory accent."

Comments