Chicken Noodle Soup



2 litres (8 cups) chicken stock
175 g (1 cup) finely shredded cooked chicken
100g (1 cup) broken thin noodles
45 g (3/4 cup) chopped fresh parsley

Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan.

This takes a while. I used the opportunity to do some dishes.


Reduce the heat, add the shredded chicken and simmer until the meat is warmed through. 

Cold cuts in soup: tacky, or convenient? You decide.

Either way, I'm usin' 'em.


Stir in the noodles and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. 

I also used chow mein noodles, mostly because they were cheaper than Italian-style pasta, and they worked out really well.

Getting pretty!


Stir in the chopped parsley just before serving.

Didn't chop the parsley as much as I could have. 

But I quite like parsley, so I enjoyed getting bites of it!


My Rating: 4/5 "I was pleasantly surprised by this version of a dish that I usually think is pretty boring, honestly. The flavors combine nicely to make the broth flavorful, and the overall effect is smooth and easy to eat. A nice light lunch."

Comments