Jeera Murg (Chicken with Cumin)



9 oz boneless chicken, cut into 1/2-in dice
1 tsp lemon juice
1-1 ½ tbsp oil
2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and lightly crushed
2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
Salt

This is actually chopped fresh Italian parsley. Because somehow my brain keeps convincing itself that THIS time, the Piggly Wiggly will have all the produce I need.


For me, 1/2 inch is about the size of my thumbnail. 


Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon juice and some salt. 

My philosophy is usually the less salt the better.


Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan until it almost reaches smoking point, then put in the chicken and crushed cumin. 

I doubled the recipe so I could use up the whole tray of chicken breasts. 


Keep the flame high and swirl the chicken around, but not too often. This cools the pan down a little and allows the moisture from the chicken to escape. Toss for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, then taste and add more salt if necessary. 

It still cooked in about the same amount of time, though.


Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve. 

Green leaves make everything look awesome. 

Served with a little rice.

My Rating: 3/5 "Not the most flavorful of chicken dishes, but the little bits were fun to cook and eat. It's full of simple tastes that go down easy."

Comments