Meltaway Mint Brownies


1 box chocolate chunk brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
1/3 cup quartered unwrapped chocolate-covered peppermint patties

I'm glad they told me to unwrap the candies. Because my gosh, if I hadn't thought...?


Heat oven to 350F (325F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening.

Make brownie batter as directed on box—except spread half of batter in pan. 

I used a Ghirardelli chocolate chunk mix. FYI.


Sprinkle patties in single layer over batter. 

I mean, yeah get them evenly spaced, but also know that they're going to totally melt in the oven.


Spoon remaining batter over patties; spread gently to cover.

GENTLY.



Bake 8-inch square 41 to 45 minutes, 9-inch square 35 to 39 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely before cutting.

It's hard to appreciate the awesomeness without using multiple senses. But trust me. It's there.


My Rating: 5/5 "Wonderful. They're not knock-your-socks-off minty, like an after-dinner mint or something. They're just nice and chocolatey with a hint of minty sweetness in the aftertaste. Get yourself a great brownie mix, and these'll be a serious people-pleaser."

Comments