Golden Corn Bread


1 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
¼ cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 425F.

In large bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

This was a Thanksgiving recipe, so I mixed it in the only receptacle I could find that was clean. 


Add milk, egg and oil. Beat until fairly smooth, about 1 minute.

Smooth it is!



Bake in greased or sprayed 8-inch square baking pan 20 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

This was a very easy-pouring batter. I was impressed. 

And pop! goes the cornbread. 


My Rating: 3/5 "This is very, very similar to a cornbread recipe I made a few months ago. I have to say that I prefer this one, though. It was an easier batter to work with, it stayed together better once it was baked, and it was more moist overall. Plus I loved feeling free to add lots of sugar. Because heck yeah sugar." 

Comments