Onion-Roasted Potatoes


1 envelope onion soup mix
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks (about 2 lbs.)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

We meet again, Potatoes. 


Preheat oven to 425F. In 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan, combine all ingredients.

I was very happy to find that the Piggly Wiggly carries single envelopes of onion soup mix, so that I didn't have to buy a whole box of them when I only needed one.

A spoon seemed like the best way to combine them, all things considered. (Although I supposed you could also make a cat really upset and then stick it in the pan and let it claw around there for a while. But I don't have a cat, and I do have spoons.)



Bake, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender golden brown. 

Because slightly smooshed potatoes are GOOD potatoes. 


My Rating: 4/5 "Sometimes you need a quick, cheap crowd-pleaser, and this dish fits the bill. It's a great side, with just enough flavor to add something interesting to the palate of a full meal. Good luck cleaning the pan afterward, though. Just... just sayin.'" 

Comments