Broccoli-Cheese Soup


2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans (10 ¾ ounces each) cheddar cheese soup
2 cans (12 ounce each) evaporated milk
¼ cup dried minced onion
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

You know what's cheaper than dried minced onion? A plain ol' awesome onion. 


Combine all ingredients except bacon in greased 4 to 6-quart slow cooker. 

My slow cooker was not prepared for broccoli of this magnitude!

So I took some broccoli out to make room. I felt bad wasting it, but the slow cooker said NO.


Cover and cook on high heat 2-3 hours or on low heat 4-5 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

Creamy!



Spoon over baked potato or simply garnish with bacon. 

I ate mine with naan. Because naan > baked potatoes.


My Rating: 4/5 "It was thinner than I expected, soup-wise, but the density of the broccoli actually made up for that nicely. It's a mild cheesy flavor that's good for a chilly winter evening. And the broccoli is nice for letting you talk yourself into thinking that what you're eating is kind of healthy, and it tastes so good that a useful fiction is all you really need."

Comments