Kid-Friendly Ranch Hummus

Albertsons It’s a Spring Thing, p. 16

1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch seasoning mix
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. 

I don't know exactly when I lost the cottage cheese in my life, but I'm glad it's made a reappearance. 


Puree until mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy, scraping sides.

FLUFFY. But ONLY SLIGHTLY.



You can see all the little ranch bits. 


Transfer to storage container. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Serve with veggies, pita bread or pita chips. 

Pita bread all the way, and then it's dinner instead of a snack. 


My Rating: 2/5 "Um... this is... weird. It's the consistency of hummus, but it has a ranch aftertaste. (You know what I'm talking about. The kind that takes like five breathmints to get rid of.) PLUS there's dairy in there, which adds a whole new layer of odd to the hummus. It's fun for a few bites, though, if you can keep on keepin' on despite all the unusual stuff going on."

Comments