My Mom's Pumpkin Pie


1 (9”) unbaked pie shell
1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg


Mom insisted on a homemade pie shell.

She did something with flour and Crisco. I'm not sure what.

And then she made the edges all fancy - she called this method "Pinch and Push."


Preheat oven to 425F. In large bowl, combine filling ingredients; mix well and turn into shell. 

YAY!

MORE YAY!

STILL MORE YAY!


Bake 15 min.; reduce oven temperature to 350F and continue baking 35 to 40 min. or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool before cutting. 

Happiness is a warm pumpkin pie. 


Refrigerate leftovers. 

My Rating: 5/5 "I've always really liked this recipe, even compared to other pumpkin pies. It's nice and firm (where some of them are over-squishy) and it's not too sweety-sweet, although the spice mixture makes it wonderfully flavorful. Add a little dollop of Cool Whip, and you'll be an extremely happy holiday camper. My mom makes this every Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas, and I always look forward to it!"

Comments