Quick Banana Bread

Santa’s Recipes for a Great Christmas 5th Edition, p. 7

1 -2 large bananas, ripe
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 ½ cups water
1 T. vegetable oil
Cinnamon
Sugar
Chocolate chips (optional)


I decided that it might help to mash the bananas beforehand. Because I don't think there's supposed to be a whole big banana in the middle of banana bread.


Mix all together and beat on low speed. Pour in a greased pan. 

Trader Joe's only had cake mix that was designed for an 8x8 pan, which may have altered my outcome a bit.


I went for the sugar-cinnamon addition, but abstained from the chocolate chips. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. You could sprinkle sugar-cinnamon or chocolate chips on before baking.

And then when I baked it all the sugar-cinnamon clung together for dear life. 

Is it a piece of cake or a chunk of bread? Who knows?


My Rating: 3/5 "I'm not sold on this being banana bread. It's closer to banana cake, and it has an odd texture. But it is quick, and pretty cheap. You can't go TOO wrong with something that has cinnamon and sugar on top."

Comments