Pesto Wings


2 pounds chicken wings
½ cup pesto
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup hot sauce
¼ cup honey
Basil, chopped
Mint, chopped


Marinate wings in pesto, cider vinegar, hot sauce and honey. 

It's much prettier mixed than unmixed. Trust me.


Chicken getting ready for its skin treatment.


Roast at 425F, 40 minutes. 


Going in!

Aaand coming out!


Toss with chopped basil and mint. 

Served up with some store-bought coleslaw and a nice oak-smoked beer.


My Rating: 4/5 "Given the ingredient list, you'd expect these to be really spicy or really sweet, but they're not. The flavor that comes through the most is actually the pesto, and everything else is just kind of a pleasant backdrop. I didn't understand the basil and mint until I took a bite, and then I was bowled over by how well they complimented the sauce. My partner scarfed these wings down like candy, and since he's a chicken wing aficionado that's a ringing endorsement." 

Comments