Chocolate Caramel Pears with Vanilla Ice Cream


¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
1 teaspoon baking cocoa
1 (15.25 ounce) can pear halves in heavy syrup, drained
Vanilla ice cream

In large skillet over medium heat, combine caramel and cocoa; cook, stirring frequently, until bubbly.

The makings of greatness.

Greatness achieved!


Stir in pear halves; continue cooking until pears are heated through, stirring frequently.

The pears weren't as drained as I thought they were when I tossed them in. But it worked.



Serve over vanilla ice cream. 

Rule: If it dribbles it's delicious.

My Rating: 4/5 "That moment when the hot pears hit the ice cream and it starts to get all melty and you get that first bite... oh yeah. I'm dieting but I was craving something sweet and this really hit the spot without killing my calorie count. The chocolate/caramel/pear juice combo is all kinds of awesome."

Comments