Matt's Anti-Recipe Octo-Pizza-Pie

Another installment of creative food from my kick-ass partner!

Your favorite pizza dough (We made ours from scratch)
5 slices turkey pepperoni
1 cup pasta sauce
15 large olives, sliced
1/3 cup shredded cheese

First you make some squishy fun pizza dough. 

Shape about 1/3 of the dough into a circle that comes up on the sides - it's going to be a bowl for the sauce. Then divide the rest of the dough into eighths and make them into tentacles. The first one you attach will look inescapably like a sperm.

Octopus body = Unlocked.

Then brush the dough with raw egg that has some red pepper flakes in it for flavor.

Put the pasta sauce into the bowl/octopus head, cover it with the cheese, and then arrange the pepperoni slices into a happy face on top of the cheese. 

Finally, use the olives to make suction cups. 

Bake at 350F until golden brown. He'll come out of the oven looking all happy and octopussy. I takes a little over half an hour, usually. Or really just until you say "fuck it I'm eating this now." 

THE AFTERMATH.


My Rating: 4/5 "My partner tricked me and told me he was making seafood - and it was this! But the surprise was awesome. It's a fun novelty, and it tastes good, too. A great party dish to impress your guests with a really creative finger food!"

Comments