Gooey Cake

Santa’s Formulas for a Great Christmas! p. 4

German chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar carmel ice cream topping
1 container Cool Whip, thawed


Bake cake according to box directions. Mix together milk and carmel in saucepan and heat until bubbling. Make several holes in baked cake and pour milk/carmel mixture over the top of it. 

Chopsticks are always useful for making poke cakes.

Poke poke poke!


Look out, cake. You gonna get it like Viserys got it from the Dothraki.

After this it just looks like a bunch of white icing, so I'm going to leave the finished product up to your imagination.


Let cake cool completely and then ice with Cool Whip. 

My Rating: 4/5 "I was a pretty big fan. The mixture of sweetened condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping is, indeed, one of the more divine things I've ever tried. Combine that with Cool Whip and chocolate? Boy howy! (I should say that my partner was not as big a fan of this. He didn't think the flavors meshed well. I say that for the sake of including multiple perspectives on the dish - you be the judge.)"

Comments