Southwestern Corn Bread


1 (14.75 ounce) can cream style corn
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapenos, drained
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon ground cumin
2 (7.5 ounce) packages corn muffin mix

I added some extra fresh jalapenos that a friend had grown in her garden. I'd only recommend doing this if you're a real heat junkie.


In medium mixing bowl, combine corn, jalapenos, milk, peppers and eggs. Mix with a fork until well combined.

Beautiful, I know.


Add muffin mix; stir until just combined. Transfer to a greased 9-inch round cake pan.

Bake in a preheated 350F oven 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

It did this to the oven while it was baking. Not cool, cornbread. Not cool.

But it sure came out pretty!

Served up with some nice broccoli with cheese.

My Rating: 4/5 "I'm a huge sucker for cornbread, and this one added some really unique pizzazz to the standard recipe. The creamed corn kept it most, which was a huge plus, and I loved the hints of spice. Good stuff!"

Comments