Lemonade Chicken


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade, thawed
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
¼ cup ketchup

Whole Foods didn't have tubes of frozen lemonade concentrate, but a couple of these guys did the trick just dandy.

Place chicken in greased 3 to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, vinegar, and ketchup together. Mix well. 

You will probably never mix these things together ever again.

Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat 3-4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours.

As always, try to resist taking the lid off and letting the steam out - it's important to the cooking process.


Serving suggestion: Thicken the liquid and serve as a sauce for potatoes or rice. 

That liquid is pretty baller over rice, I have to say.

My Rating: 4/5 "I've made this before and I'll probably make it again. (I'm a sucker for citrus.) I strongly encourage the recommended addition of rice - it's a great complement and a great excuse to eat more of this awesome sauce."

Comments