French-Style Fish Fillets with Herbs (Filets aux herbes)


1 pound firm fish fillets
½ cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
½ cup water
Salt, pepper
1 onion, chopped
Parsley, chives, chervil, thyme
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350F.

Arrange the fish fillets in an oven-to-table baking dish.

Combine the wine or vermouth, water, seasonings, onion, and herbs and pour over the fish. 

This recipe is REALLY heavy on onions. Personally I think you'd be fine with half the amount it calls for.

For the record, I used tilapia.


Dot with butter. 

Dot dot dot dot dot!


Bake 30 minutes, basting from time to time. Serve from the baking dish, spooning the juices over each portion.

The finished product! (I promise that there's fish in there somewhere.)

My Rating: 3/5 "Like I side, this is just a bonanza of onions. When I ate the leftovers I actually scraped all the actual onions off and just ate the fish that had been cooked in them, and it was still onion-y (in a more pleasant way). But fishes are always delicious, and overall this was a nice mild way to prepare them."

Comments