Zucchini Pancakes


1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Dash pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil


The amount the recipe calls for is about one zucchini's worth of shreds.

In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, egg, baking mix, cheese and pepper. 

Attractive stuff!

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; drop ¼ cupfuls of batter into skillet. 

So far so good...

Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

...and then I tried to turn them over and discovered that, with the exception of the burned-to-the-pan bits, they were still mush.

I fried them for much longer than they needed to be fried, but in the end all I got was hot mush that was burned in some places.

My Rating: 2/5 "I have a feeling that this might have been a disaster of my own making (because Taste of Home recipes rarely fail), but I have no idea where I went wrong. There's nothing about this on paper that looks like it should be problematic. Any ideas? At any rate, we ate the mush, and it was tasty mush." 

Comments