Black Bean Salsa


1 can (26.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup corn (canned or frozen) thawed and drained
3 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. jalapeno or green chile flavored)
1 cup Italian dressing
½ cup chopped onion
Chopped jalapeno to taste
Tortilla chips


Drain tomatoes and chop coarsely if desired. Mix all ingredients together and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 ½ hours. 

I left out the jalapenos because I was cooking for Midwesterners. Normally, though, I am heartily in favor of peppers of all kinds!

Serve with tortilla chips (lime flavored are the best). 

Served as part of a little snacky spread.

My Rating: 3/5 "The Italian dressing in this was unusual. I'm not sure I'm sold - it was a weird sweet-ish accent among the other spicier flavors. That said, I sent the leftovers to work with my husband and he said people there really liked it. So if you're looking for an unusual flavor combination, give this a try. You never know!"

Comments