Mlle. Syllabub


1 cup fresh light cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup sugar
6 lady fingers
Sherry
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

For six all you do is mix (do not beat) one cup of fresh light cream, one tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ cup of sugar. Do this with a spoon.

I did exactly what the recipe said not to do, and I am ashamed.

All right, gather together six young lady fingers, break each of them in two, and place the twos in six wine glasses.

Then drench them with sherry, and pour the cream mixture on top.

I couldn't get ladyfingers, so I used Milano cookies instead and they were pretty good.


Bubbly!

Do the sprinkling act with nutmeg and cinnamon, cool in the ice box for about an hour before serving. Which you do with a spoon.

Sprinkled up!

My Rating: 4/5 "This was surprisingly tart and refreshing. It gets kind of stiff once it's been in the fridge for a while, so it has nice texture as well as nice flavor and just a hint of boozy goodness. Novel and fun!"

Comments