Pizza Margherita


1 prebaked pizza crust (12 inch)
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup slivered red onions
8 fresh basil leaves, torn
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

I dropped a tomato while I was unloading the groceries and had to make do with one, which did the job just fine.


Heat oven to 425F.

Cover crust with 1 cup mozzarella and tomatoes.

Love me some mozzarella. Doesn't even have to be the fresh stuff to be good.

Top with garlic, onions, basil and remaining cheese.

I like the basil in nice big chunks so you can still get a good bite of it.



Bake 10 to 12 min. or until cheese is melted. 

It's pizza! Burn the crust just a little for some nice crunch.

My Rating: 5/5 "This is ideal for someone like me who loves pizza but hates red sauce. Using fresh tomatoes adds a nice element of tartness and the other flavors compliment them perfectly. Can't recommend enough."

Comments