Berry Lemon Cake


1 lemon cake mix
[Water, oil and eggs for cake mix]
1 (16-oz.) can vanilla frosting
8 ounces whipped topping
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
Fresh raspberries
Fruit-flavored jelly candies


Bake cake as directed in 8-inch round pans. Combine frosting with whipped topping and lemon peel. Spread ½ cup frosting mixture on bottom cake layer and top with fresh raspberries. 

A lot of angst led up to this moment. I poured the cake into my round pan only to find that said pan was two inches two big. I also opened up my can of icing to discover that it was road cone orange-colored. After eating a few spoonfuls of the icing and otherwise freaking out for a minute, I cut the too-big cake in half, mixed the icing as directed, and proceeded as directed. 
Surprisingly, it turned out pretty ok after that point.


Add top cake layer and frost entire cake. 

(The icing was Funfetti.)


Decorate with fruit-flavor jelly candies. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.

I decorated it with other raspberries, because raspberries > jelly candy. Once it was sliced it didn't look nearly so bad!

My Rating: 4/5 "This was surprisingly good for all the times I nearly turned it into a disaster. The consistency of the icing isn't ideal once it gets room-temperature, but other than that the flavors were all great together and the cake itself was a nice texture. If you make it correctly I'm positive you'll like it even more than I did!" 

Comments