Buttermilk and Chive Mashed Potatoes

Potato Express Gourmet Recipe Guide, p. 15

4 large potatoes
¼ cup butter
¾ cup buttermilk
¼ cup fresh chives, finely cut
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cook potatoes.

Cut potatoes into pieces and place in large bowl.


Mash potatoes with the butter. 

They never said to peel the potatoes so I didn't - and it was great! I loved the color and texture that the peel added!


Then with an electric mixer, reduce the mixture to a puree with the buttermilk and chives. 

I remembered my Aunt Connie mashing potatoes with an immersion blender when I was a kid, so I whipped one out for this. Another excellent move. 


Add salt and pepper.

Served up with some dill pickle chips. 

My Rating: 4/5 "I loved these and I don't even like mashed potatoes. These might be the best potatoes I've made. Try 'em out!"

Comments