Crab Rangoon


1 pkg won ton wraps
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup crabmeat
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
Asian dipping sauce

Canola oil if frying
Olive oil as needed if baking
Non-stick cooking spray if baking

The store was out of flake crab meat, so I had to buy fake flake and dice it up. It still tasted good, though.


Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes. 

Why do you need a "large skillet" to do this? I was fine with my tiniest pot.


Let cool. In a bowl, combine the garlic, onion, 1 tbsp soy sauce, crab meat and cream cheese. Take one won ton, place 1 tsp mixture in middle of wrap, fold in half, bush edges with water or egg wash and press to seal. 

Here's what one teaspoon looks like, so you don't need to measure it out precisely for yourself.


Bring corners together. Overlap corner and brush with water to seal. Repeat with remaining wraps.

I'm not sure if it's what I was supposed to do, but this is what I did.


Frying Option:
In a large skillet heat oil to 350F. Fry 4-6 won tons at a time turning once for 1 minutes or until the edges are brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve while warm with dipping sauce.

Baking Option:

Heat oven to 425F. Place rangoons on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly spray won tons with cooking spray and bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve while warm with dipping sauce. 

The Baking Option seemed marginally healthier, so that's what I went with. They came out nice and crispy!


My Rating: 5/5 "These are addictive. So addictive. I put them out for guests with some ginger chili dipping sauce, and they vanished. (I have to confess I ate my fair share of them.) They're fun to make, you'll feel accomplished because they come out really pretty, and they're wonderful to eat. Win-win-win!"

Comments