Migas



6 corn tortillas, cut into strips
½ small diced onion
2 raw jalapenos, seeded and diced
2 small diced tomatoes
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Fry the tortillas in oil until they are lightly golden but not crispy. 

Embarrassing confession: The grocery didn't have any corn tortillas so I made do with whole-wheat flour ones. That said, while I'm sure the original recipe would have been better, this was still really amazing.


Add onion and jalapenos and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes. 

A dash of color for aesthetic appeal.


Add the beaten eggs and cook until the eggs are almost set, stirring occasionally. 

And a bunch of eggs for texture!


Spread the cheese on top of the eggs and cover the pan. Cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa.

Ready to be gobbled up!



My Rating: 5/5 "I love migas. I've loved them every time I've made them. There's something about the texture that's immensely comforting and something about the spice that knocks you off your rocker just enough to make the experience interesting. This was a hard sell for my husband because he's got a thing about eggs, but even he enjoyed the overall flavor! Anyway, I hope you enjoy these, because they're awesome."

Comments