Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs



12 oz dry spaghetti, uncooked
1 lb ground beef
1 egg, beaten
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1 can (24 oz) four cheese pasta sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained

Preheat oven to 400F. Cook spaghetti.

Combine beef, egg, cheese and bread crumbs in bowl. Divide mixture into 14 portions and roll each into a ball. Place in baking pan. 

This makes some big ol' juicy meatballs.


Bake 10 minutes or until meatballs are 165F in centers.

Simmer pasta sauce and tomatoes in saucepan 5 minutes or until hot. Add spaghetti and meatballs; toss together.

Do a little lifting for a few days beforehand to prepare for this mixing process.

We added parmesan to the top of the bowl. "Like God intended," observed my husband.


My Rating: 4/5 "I never really think of spaghetti as something to go out of my way to make, but this fulfilled a craving I didn't even know I had! The meatballs are really big and beefy and the overall texture is great comfort food. Use a good-quality spaghetti and fresh-grated Parmesan to make the dish really satisfying."

Comments