Simply the Best Mashed Potatoes



5 medium white potatoes, peeled and chopped
2-1/2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. chopped chives, optional
White pepper to taste

Heat potatoes and broth to a boil in medium saucepan. 

The smaller you cut them the softer they'll be when they're done boiling.


Cover and cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and reserve broth. Mash potatoes with ½ cup reserved broth. Stir in chives and pepper.

Served up with a nice grilled steak!


My Rating: 4/5 "I should preface this with my usual admission that I'm not a potato person, and also that I usually only like mashed potatoes when they're chock-full of some kind of dairy product. But this is actually a damn good non-dairy potato. The chives and pepper make it savory and the chicken broth gives it a more robust undertone than the potatoes would have by themselves. It's also not too shabby on the calories, for mashed potatoes. Give it a shot!"


Comments