Chick Pea Salad



1 15.5 oz. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
½ cup red pepper, chopped
1 small red or sweet onion, chopped
1 medium cucumber, chopped
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ tsp. each garlic powder and oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together, chill and serve.

Mixing the ingredients takes a little oomph, but make sure you don't squish stuff while you're doing it.

Served with a nice grilled chicken breast!

My Rating: 2/5 "I was not a fan of this. I don't do red onions very well, and unlike chickpea salads I've made in the past this one didn't have enough sauce to make it interesting. Adding more balsamic might help, but overall this just isn't a pleasant combination of ingredients. That said, I did feel really good after eating it, so there's that. If you want a tastier chickpea salad, though, try this one or this one."


Comments