KFC Honey Barbecue Wings



1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
20 chicken drummettes (small fleshy parts of chicken wings)
2 cups barbecue sauce
¾ cup honey
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a dish and coat the chicken in the flour mixture.

Heat the barbecue sauce and honey in a saucepan. Once warm, reduce the heat to a simmer.

Add the oil to a deep-fryer and heat to 375F.

Deep-fry the chicken, 6 to 8 pieces at a time, for 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.

I have a horrible confession to make. Normally I'm a stickler for making recipes to the letter as much as possible. But in this case, I... I baked the wings. I'm sorry. I want to live a long time.


Drain the chicken on paper towels and smother with the barbecue sauce mixture.

My husband's signature technique for saucing wings: First, put the wings and the sauce in a bowl with a lid.

Then shake the bejeezus out of the bowl. 

Wings and beer! A classic combination!

My Rating: 4/5 "These are damn good. In fact, I think they were better baked than they would have been deep-fried because that way you can taste something other than, you know, grease. They're as good as they are mostly because having actual honey in the sauce instead of buying pre-made honey barbecue sauce makes a huge and wonderful difference in the quality of the flavor. If you're a wings person, try these. NOTE: Even baked, these are really high-calorie. They're totally worth it if you're having a cheat day, but don't kid yourself into thinking this is remotely good for you."

Comments