South of the Border Guacamole Dip



2 large ripe avocados
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1/8 tsp. black pepper
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
Tortilla strips

Chop avocados coarsely and mash until smooth. 

These were easily the hardest, least ripe avocados I have ever encountered. I tried microwaving them, even, and it didn't help. Eventually I chopped them up and threw them in the blender and we just had oddly dry guac. It was disappointing.


Add tomato, onion and chiles and mix gently. Add pepper and lemon juice. Stir. 

But it still came out pretty!


Cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla strips.

Chips and guac for dinner! Gotta get those good avocado fats.

My Rating: 4/5 "It's hard to mess up guac (although I've totally made recipes in the past that did - click that "guacamole" label if you want to see). This is a nice simple one - very light and enjoyable. Good stuff!"

Comments