The Governor's Grog



½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and pulp
¼ cup sugar
1 cup cranberry juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup very strong tea (use three tea bags)
Cinnamon sticks and orange slices for garnish

In a medium saucepan heat juices, sugar, and tea together, but do not boil. 

I got extra-strong tea by using one of those tea bags that's meant to make a whole pitcher!


Pour into glass coffee mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick and orange slice. 

I didn't waste a whole orange on two mugs of drink, but the cinnamon stick really added a lot!


To serve cold, chill well and present in a stemmed goblet or iced tea glass, garnished the same.


My Rating: 5/5 "I should note that my husband also rated this a 5/5, and as a native New Englander he's something of a grog expert. Anyway, this is amazing. The fruity flavors plus the tea plus the cinnamon accent make it everything you've ever wanted out of a warm autumn drink. Sip it slowly and enjoy!"

Comments