Winter Vegetables with Rosemary and Blue Cheese



1 small potato per person
½ acorn squash per person
Olive oil
Rosemary
1-2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and quarter potatoes; wash and cut squash into quarters and remove seeds. 

I got a purple potato, because why would you NOT get a purple potato?


Place in an 8 x 10 ovenproof baking pan coated with nonstick spray. Drizzle vegetables with small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary. 

I don't know if I got an unusually large acorn squash or what, but half of one seemed like an awfully big serving for just one person.


Bake for 45 minutes or until vegetables can be pierced easily with a fork. When tender, remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese. Wait 2-3 minutes before serving to allow cheese to melt.

Strange stuff.



My Rating: 2/5 "I'll admit that this is one I had to choke down. First of all, it's a massive portion. Second, they don't tell you to peel the veggies, but you probably should if you want this to be chew-able. What's worse is that the rosemary (especially if you used the dried stuff like I did) gets so crispy it's like eating little sticks - predictably, the combination doesn't do much for the mouthfeel of this dish. And to top it all off, the blue cheese (which is something I normally quite enjoy) just tastes off-kilter with the veggie flavors. Try this if you're into trying weird things, but I honestly can't really recommend it otherwise."

Comments