California Chicken Salad with Dried Cranberries



3 cups shredded cooked chicken
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
¼ cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
½ cup Ranch dressing (regular or light)

In a large bowl, stir together all chicken salad ingredients. 

I fell back on my standard side-door method of shredding up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery.

Everything mixes up surprisingly well!


Refrigerate leftovers.

The recipe suggests putting this on a sandwich with some fresh avocado, but I served ours with garlic bread and it was finger-kiss good.



My Rating: 4/5 "This isn't your standard sweety-sweet chicken salad, but it's still really refreshing and has a wonderful texture. I enjoyed it even without making it into a sandwich, which leaves you with a lower-carb approach to getting your protein punch. It's also worth noting that there's not enough ranch on this to drown you in dairy. Overall, good stuff!"

Comments