Corn Muffins



3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup milk
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
1 can (14.75 oz) cream style corn

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Grease 24 muffin cups.

I was making these for people and I thought muffin cups would look nicer.


Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Combine egg, corn, milk and oil; pour over flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes.

It's a nice pliable muffin batter.

Browned and good!

My Rating: 4/5 "I thought these were going to be cornBREAD muffins when I first read the title, and although I was a little disappointed that they weren't (you know me and cornbread) I still really enjoyed them. Whatever's in the cream-style corn makes the bread come out really moist and delicious. Corn is always a nice sweet accent to anything. The students I fed these to seemed to get really excited about them!"

Comments