Baked Cod


Taste of Home Holiday February 2010, p. 34

¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 pound cod or haddock fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
Lemon-pepper seasoning
Lemon slices and dill sprigs, optional

In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, onions, water, dill and garlic salt. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. 

I don't know if I did something wrong, but turning the fish didn't do a lot to coat it. The sauce hardens really quickly after you mix it up.


Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Loosely cover and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. 

In the end, though, the sauce becomes a sauce and you can spoon it over the fillets easily.


Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Garnish with lemon and dill if desired.

Served with some carrots!



My Rating: 3/5 "This sauce is magical and if I could eat it by itself I'd be incredibly happy. But the cod really overwhelms everything with its ubiquitous, hard-to-mask fishy flavor and the sauce gets thrown into the distant background on your palate. If you like cod you'll love this, but since it's not my favorite fish I wasn't especially thrilled."

Comments