Cauliflower Pizza Crust



1 large cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor until fine
½ cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp. salt
1 egg

I learned shortly after taking this photo that it's best to puree the cauliflower in small batches rather than one big lump like this.


Preheat oven to 400F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.

Microwave cauliflower in a bowl until soft, about 10 minutes. Pour onto a clean kitchen towel and let cool, about 5 minutes.

Ring out cauliflower in towel, removing as much moisture as possible.

I was worried about ruining my kitchen towel doing this, but it came out just fine in the wash.


In a large bowl, add all ingredients, stirring until it forms a dough ball.

Pour ball onto pan and roll to a thin crust. Bake until crust is golden, about 10-15 minutes.

This was a little thicker than the recipe intended, but I also found that a rolling pin didn't work well with it so I didn't know what else to do.


Crust is ready for preferred pizza toppings to be added.

Pesto and mozzarella, in my case.

My Rating: 4/5 "This isn't as crispy and pizza-like as the cauliflower crusts you can buy pre-made from the store. (We had to eat our pizza with a fork.) That said, it's a nice substantial texture and the flavor is pretty tasty. It's a hassle to make, but you'll be proud you did it!"

Comments