Cherry Pineapple Delight



1-1/2 cups boiling water
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkg. (4-serving size) cherry or cranberry flavored gelatin
2 cups cold water
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained

I'm doing a no-sugar-added thing so I used a sugar-free Jello. You are under no similar obligation. (Unless you are.)


Stir boiling water into cinnamon and gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Reserve ¼ cup pineapple chunks. Stir in remaining pineapple chunks. 

The depths of Jello.


Pour into 6-cup bowl, coated with cooking spray.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. 

Predictably the pineapple sinks to the bottom.


Garnish with reserved pineapple chunks. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.

Just sayin' that garnishing with the extra pineapple chunks looks weird.


My Rating: 3/5 "I was ready for this to taste abominable, mostly because I have a deep-seated hatred of artificial cherry flavoring dating back to my fractious relationship with cherry Children's Tylenol. But the pineapple actually makes the cherry taste more refreshing and happy. (I couldn't taste the cinnamon much at all.) It's not my favorite, but if you like cherry flavoring to begin with you'll probably think this is great!"

Comments