Tasty Tuna Dip



12 oz. white corn tortilla chips
12 oz. tuna fish (drained)
1 cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup diced cilantro
1 avocado
1/3 cup diced onion
1 tsp. pepper with lemon
1 Tbsp. salt
3 Tbsp diced chipotle

In a mixing bowl add the tuna fish and separate with a fork. Add the avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, cilantro, pepper, salt and chipotle to taste.

I couldn't find chipotle peppers, so I made do with plain ol' jalapenos.


Mix all the ingredients until well blended.

Dip can be poured on a bed of white corn tortilla chips or serve in a dip bowl accompanied with tortilla chips. Garnish with fresh cheese and sliced tomatoes.

I didn't feel the need for a garnish, although I'll admit this would be pretty with some shredded cheese on top.

My Rating: 3/5 "I was super-excited to eat this because it includes some of my favorite flavors (cilantro, lemon, tuna, chilies). But in the end all of those nice fresh accents got overwhelmed by the mayo and the salt. Now don't get me wrong, there are still some nice pops of tastiness in here, particularly when you get to the peppers, but overall it wasn't as high-quality as I expected. Better luck next dip." 

Comments