Crab Pesto Pasta



1 can (6 oz.) white crabmeat
½ pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
2/3 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Toss hot pasta with pesto sauce. 

I've been trying to do the gluten-free thing without the GF pasta, but I broke down and now I think I'm going to be eating it all the time.


Portion pasta onto plates. Sprinkle crabmeat and tomatoes over top of pasta. Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately OR toss all ingredients and chill for a colorful pasta salad. 

I ate it hot and I have a feeling it was much better that way.


Add a zip of flavor! Stir a dash of crushed red pepper flakes in to the pesto sauce before tossing.

My Rating: 4/5 "The crab is nice in this, but it takes a backseat to the surprisingly awesome combination of pesto and tomatoes. I had previously thought of those two things as mutually exclusive, but they really go well together. It's a dish that's both refreshing and filling!"

Comments