Marinated Beans



1 cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
Salt
Pepper

Combine beans, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

This is actually quite pleasant just by itself. 


Just before serving stir in parsley and oregano. 

But fresh herbs make everything even better.


Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Room temperature was fine with us, although I had then chilled as leftovers the next day and that was also tasty.


My Rating: 4/5 "For a dish that's essentially just beans-in-stuff, this is very nice. I wasn't feeling super-well the day I made these, but the lemon and olive oil were very soothing for my stomach and I felt better after eating these. It's a nice, fresh, springy sort of flavor!"

Comments