Authentic Mexican "Guac"

 Lakewood Organic

5 ripe Haas avocados

4 tablespoons of lime juice

1 sweet Vidalia onion

¾ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped

1 large tomato, diced

1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and enjoy!

This recipe assumes that you'll know to do a lot of things, like smashing the avocados and chopping the onion. (I used an immersion blender on the avocados because all of the ones at Walmart were hard as rocks and none of the quick-ripening tricks we tried did any good.)


Served with chips!


My Rating: 3/5 "There is an inherent fresh quality to guac that makes it tasty no matter what the recipe. But this one? This particular guacamole is SO full of onions that a lot of the other flavors get almost totally clouded out. I'd reduce the onion by half if I made it again. Nothing against onions, but if I wanted an onion dish I'd make an onion dish, you know?"

Comments