Meatloaf

 Best Choice

1 lb lean ground beef

1 egg

½ cup plain bread crumbs

1 TBSP chopped dried onion

¼ cup apple juice

1 tsp parsley flakes

1 tsp oregano leaves

1 tsp basil leaves

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl beat egg, apple juice, parsley, oregano, basil, onion, and bread crumbs until smooth and bread crumbs no longer clump. Add ground beef and mix by hand until egg mixture is completely incorporated. Shape into a loaf and cook in a 9” loaf pan for 45-50 minutes or until center is no longer pink.

So many spices you can see them!


...and then it all turns out looking like, you know, a loaf of meat.

I won't even say what THAT looks like.

My Rating: 2/5 "For all this dish is full of so many seasonings, the end result is incredibly bland. Like, it doesn't even really taste nice and beefy since it's been cooked for so long. It's just flavorless. (And no, I don't have COVID - the salad I had with it tasted just fine.) So I don't know what's up with this, but I covered mine in horseradish and my partner covered his in ketchup just to make it more palatable."

Comments