Choo-Choo Salad

Food for the Body for the Soul, p. 104

4 large raw carrots

1 cup raisins

1 tablespoon orange juice

Lettuce

Oh, you noble orange vegetable.


Grind carrots and raisins through food chopper. Mix with orange juice. 

So I used those fun multicolored carrots to give this a different spin. Also I used a grater instead of a food chopper because I accidentally destroyed our food chopper a long time ago.


Serve on crisp lettuce leaf.

You say "lettuce leaf" and I hear "hot dogs." Did anybody else hear "hot dogs?"


My Rating: 3/5 "It's nice and fresh-tasting that this carrot-raisin salad is flavored with orange juice. On the other hand, the lack of any other additions makes the end product really dry and kind of unsatisfying. Also I'm confused by the name. I've never encountered a train that looks or tastes like this."

Comments